The role of a Job Coach is to support our Clients with disabilities to source and maintain employment, and also liaise with employers, agencies and Government Departments. Applications are invited for a Fixed Term Contract, subject to annual funding through the Department of Social Protection.
Knowledge of the Employers in the area would be an advantage, and an ability to demonstrate an understanding of the barriers experienced by people with disabilities when looking for employment is essential. Access to transport is a requirement for this position.
• Manage caseload to work towards achieving agreed Key Performance Indicators.
• To conduct an individual assessment to identify the Participants’ interests, capacities and needs.
• To conduct interviews with the Participant and other stakeholders to determine the Participant’s employment aspirations, experiences, abilities, skills and potential obstacles.
• To establish a rapport with the Participant and develop a positive working relationship.
• To ensure that the Participant is actively engaged in all phases of the job placement process.
• To identify potential employment opportunities through accessing existing employment data, conducting employment surveys and networking.
• To market Employment Response North West Supported Employment service to both potential participants and employers.
• To complete an environmental analysis to assess whether the workplace will be a supportive environment for a Participant who may need some level of ongoing support from his/her co-workers.
• To arrange job interviews for the Participant and accompany to job interviews as required.
• To act as an advocate for the Participant where necessary.
• To provide supports to the job seeker employer, supervisor and co-workers.
• To report on a regular basis regarding the participant’s progress.
• To respond immediately when issues arise concerning the participant’s wellbeing.
• To maintain high professional standards and confidentiality at all times.
• To participate in training and development programmes.
• To liaise as necessary with DSP on participant activity and progression.
• To liaise with relevant organisations to support Participant’s labour market needs.
Questions to consider when deciding to submit your Cover Letter and CV for the role as a Job Coach with Employment Response North West. On completion of the questionnaire please consider whether your answers, experiences and skills are a good fit for the Job Coach role. If they are, we certainly welcome Informal enquiries and / or your CV and Cover Letter from you.
We support People with disabilities, illness or injury, mental ill health, and health conditions to find and maintain jobs. Our focus is on people’s abilities, skills and interests, combined with their motivation to find Employment.
1. Are you the holder of a clean Irish or EU driving licence? Yes / No
2. In relation to employment do you think people with a disability or mental health conditions face particular challenges face on a daily basis? Yes / No
3. Did you continue your studies after the Leaving Certificate or its European equivalent? Yes / No
Would you have any qualification that you would consider relevant to the job?
What did you study and why this particular course?
4. Do you have any experience dealing a person with a disability? Yes / No
Have you ever helped a person with a disability to get a job?
How would you improve their chances of getting and holding down a job?
5. Would you feel comfortable contacting and dealing with employers on behalf of the jobseeker? (Communication skills) Yes / No
What do you think you would focus on when having that conversation?
6. Have you ever had to interview / support someone? Yes / No
How would you prepare for that interview / meeting?
7. What do you know about Data Protection requirements & confidentiality in your work?
8. Are you familiar with MS Office applications, e-mail and social media? Yes / No
What IT skills do you have?
On completion of the questionnaire, these questions and answers, experiences and skills may help you make a more informed decision as to the suitability of this role for you as a Job Coach. If you seek have any further clarification, we certainly welcome informal enquiries and/or your CV and Cover Letter from you.
Requirements of the role:
Closing date for applications is 12 noon Wednesday 16th June 2021.
For informal enquires, or a copy of the job description, person specification or pre application self assessment questionnaire contact: Phil Brennan on email@example.com or 087 1126284.
Short listing may apply for this position.